Skip to main content

Am I Too Free

Yes I have been facing extreme boredom at work and it sucks coz it makes me so unproductive. I mean..Im not without work but my work is so random these past two three days that Im feeling so bleh.

But anyhoo, in order to be productive or at least look like as if Im doing work related stuffs, I did some reading on my own over at the MOE website. It's not that I want to or were asked to but I answer calls pertaining to general enquiries as well as reply emails from the public. I have the daunting task of handling the school emails and this time, I sign off anonymously...ok..more like just leave behind the school's name and contact details without leaving my name behind so that they wont call and ask for me. I learnt it from the secondary school side when they forward the emails sent to them but relates to the primary side.

Smart.

Gosh this school administration part is so big that the last thing I want is to be not sure about what Im doing. So today I read quite a lot about questions pertaining to P1 registration. I mean I know about the general details like the different phases that are open to the public (though I often get confused about them) but it's good to know more since people like to do the easy way out which is to give a call or send an email without doing their research online first through the MOE website. And I finally know what the heck is Leave of Absence, which mind you, spans over 5 pages but I managed to cramp the info in my head to answer to pesky parents.

I get these moments of boredom when they are busy doing finance like keying in details in the system, confirming invoices, tabulating amounts, calling the vendors..blah blah..while I entertain phone calls. In other words, I cant touch finance yet because Im still new and also because my manager is quite the control freak. But I understand her concerns as you dont expect a newbie like me to handle money as yet. Still, I think Im pretty priviledged after hearing the things other newbies which I got to know during the course I participated earlier this month as well as my ex colleague( or is it...back to colleague again since she is working for the same ministry as me now). I dont know..they appeared to be some convenient scapegoat for the more senior colleagues to dump work on them pronto. My colleague from another school recently started working this same lline as me but are expected to know so much but yet over at my place, she tries to space out my learning curve.

STILL!! Rahayu needs to be challenged!!!

And I dont want to be accused of 'curi tulang' or 'work for free' because it's not as if Im asking for it. It's just that..well...I usually do the work given and then...have nothing to do next..so uhm..slack ah..hee. But I missed the good balance of working and then rewarding by giving myself some slack time like a 5 minute break or what doing unrelated work stuff.

Haiz...anyway, tomorrow I have some work to do and hopefully, I will feel more productive than I have been the past few days. I mean the holidays have just started so I dont expect myself to be so busy. Yet.

And many of the teachers are going overseas for some vacation while Im stuck behind in Singapore. At times, Im thinking why cant I be a teacher since they have so many concessions given by the government to make them stay in their curent line but knowing how parents are nowadays, I guess God has a reason why he thinks Im not cut out as a teacher.

Like I said, I want my slack time!! I mean..slack..as in...a lot of work in between..and then giving myself the much needed slack time rather than aving it for long stretches at a time...sighz.

See lah..got a lot of work complain...no work also complain. Yes sue me for being a typical complaining Singaporean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...