Skip to main content

mango here I go

Quick post cum update!


funnie..im pretty much done with my shopping and I actually spent less than 200 dollars. The only conclusive reasons were that the things I bought were on sale. Perfect! Saves me the money..haha..and yes, after a long period of anticipation, I finally got the chance to go the Mango Sales. Yipee! Me and my colleague went straight after work and we went to the second nearest outlet at the marina square.


when we were almost reaching the boutique, we didn't see anyone leaving with bags of mango stuffs and there didn't seem to be a crowd at all. But come nearer, there was a crowd but based on our experience, it wasn't a big crowd where you would be practically jostling for space or waiting behind some goondu to hurry up with her choice of clothes. And erm...pls lah, if your boyfriend/fiancee/husband is not going to give you your two cents' worth on the pieces you chose, leave him at home or somewhere else to loiter. Take up space only. But ah, hehe...the boyfriendS of this crowd handsome sey...gawd slap me for looking at them for they were so fine! And me being ever the fast shopper was done in under ten minutes because I went there with a budget of 5o dollars and this time, I was planning to not exceed it by ten dollars. I mean, it was not because that ten dollars was so big but I did not want to end up with purchases that I would not quite wear coz somehow rather I wouldn't feel like wearing it but bought it JUST because it happened to be in my size. Don't worry I confuse myself sometimes so in other words....50 means 50!!! Close the chapter! hehe....I amuse myself sometimes too amidst the confusion.


so there I was, making painful decisions every now and then trying to 'weigh' the value of the different basic shirts I picked up and a clutch handbag. Haiz, it was SOOOoooOO tough trying to see which ones I really really need and which ones I needed to put back. I tell you, during a huge sales like this, EVERYTHING i picked up looked logical enough for me to purchase but I had to do my calculations with my handphone. Therefore, while people were busy walking around the shop happily browsing the items, I walked around calculating if I overbudgeted. Tsk, almost everytime I would strike almost 60 which was what I had always been paying but tonight, I was determined to bring it to 50 and it was no mean feat. But my colleague who spent a hundred over dollars during their last sales and was determined to spend much less than that, she ended up with just one item. I mean, on one hand I would understand her problems because nowadays her fashion sense veered towards something 'different' and also a bit sexy while Im fine with the shirt type tops with long and short sleeves.


And yah, another problem is because she seems to have so many new tops nowadays with each one looking different than the other for every single day that I guess, the seemingly ordinary looking ones which she used to adore and be of the same wavelength as me..dia tak pandang or she doesn't quite find them appealing anymore. So sad.....it would have been a fun together gether shopping trip with each of us sharing opinions but we only exchanged opinions briefly at times for merely three times. I bought three different kinds of tops after a long thinking and uhm..sacrifing 'doubtful' tops every and then *sobs*


But it's okaylah I suppose. In the first place, I felt bloated because these past two months, I had been eating all sorts of food so I scared later cannot fit liaoz...hehe. When I tried at home, everything looked okay but around the tummy area became more pudgy looking because the skirt I wore 'cuts' me off in the middle because it is a bit tight la the skirt emphasizing on my 'roundness' especially the mid section. YES I KNOW...just mere excuses..hehe.


Anyway, Im glad I succeeded in maintaining the budget that in total, I only had to top up by a dollar. Im happy for me...for fighting against the 'buy buy' spirit..kekeke.. Keep it up, Rahayu! chey...shameless woman! haha....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...