Skip to main content

Free Magx

Hello!!


My magazines supply has arrived..at the doorstep of the common rubbish chute outside my corridors. I thought that when the neighbours living nearer to the chute moved away, I wouldn't be able to get my magazines when they moved house. Okay, so what am I yakking about? Usually, once in awhile like in a course of 6 months or so, I didnt know which neighbours would actually throw out their magazines supply, mostly female magazines looking almost brand new, and then I couldn't resist but pick them up. Today, I took a record of 8 magazines! woo hoo! They are all this year's magazines including one mag that I was contemplating to buy but since I already bought another magazine and that I had to budget, it had to go. But I wanted to get it so much coz it had a special feature about how to dress our body better according to our body shape. I consoled myself by telling that hey, I can check out the internet if I wanted to find out more about what kind of clothes better suit me. Still, I do wanna get it even though it would cost me less than 4.oo. Damn, I wished I wasn't so budget conscious but I have to start from somewhere and magazines are a want not a need.


When I got my pay, I decided that hey, since I had been pining to get that magazine for the longest time, I just that that it wouldn't kill to get it. But alas, I couldnt find it at any newsstand anymore! The issue...is no more...and has been replaced with another issue. It's ok..sob..I would live. And boy did I live coz as I was rummaging through my findings, I thought the cover looked familiar..and yay! It was the issue which I wanted to get! This week, besides the hari raya celebrations, my time will be basically occupied by the reading of these magazines. Since I just started on my venture which is jewellery designing, they will give me design ideas that I am just waiting to make and customise according to my needs.


Speaking of that, I made a necklace and a pair of earrings!!! Now thats an achievement coz I find that I am getting better at this thing in the way I handle the materials. Do you know that it takes me a year to perfect my skills at doing even the most mundane things such as cutting of the chains? I have shakey fingers so it is hard to keep it still when it comes to fixing the smaller items such as the hooks. Besides I couldn't afford those set of jewellery making tools so I had to trust my rather rusty and cheap but useful pair of pliers. Now it has a good friend..a pair of scissors..haha. If only I knew that scissors can work just as well..infact better..when it comes to cutting the chains. Darn, shouldn't have underestimated the power of the scissors.


Hrm, I am really putting forth my goals. I guess one of my weaknesses is that sometimes, I pretend to think that things are okay and that I can handle it myself. The truth is, we're just human beings prone to make mistakes but it doesn't give us permission to keep doing the wrong things. Once you learn to work on your weaknesses including admitting to them, and do something about it, things may start to look up. I do think that one of my mottos which I had stuck with ever since my BCG injection more than ten years ago in Primary Six stay true till today. That motto says sometimes we have to suffer first and enjoy later. For example, when I was contemplating hard about whether I should get that white long sleeves cardigan for some of my tops, I decided to not get it coz it would set me back by 17 dollars and judging by my family's expenditure, this may not be the right time to buy. But a kind soul in the form of my friend, gave me this pretty cool looking..or how I prefer to term it as...very the 'chi chi'...jacket that will look perfect for two of my boat neck tops that kinda flop around the neckline already..after just one wash..grr...


And then earlier on? The magazine...so okay, I don't know if God is rewarding me for being so patient with life's shortcomings hanging over me me now. Im trying my utter best to be strong but at the same time, I don't want to make my family worried so the only way to stop them from thinking about hard times, I have to learn to make my own sacrifices. I sacrificed my leaves for them by only applying for leaves when my dad has appointments with the dreaded hospital. I try not to dwell on them but sometimes, it is so hard..very hard..especially when the responsibilities fall mostly on you.


Okay, I wish I can blog further but I am getting too darn tire now. Till next time..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...