Skip to main content

Welcoming March 2021! Hopefully Ending a Dreary February

Little pleasures in life like this cuppa



So this week, we entered March and how apt for the 1st of March to start on a Monday which is also the start of a new week. Alas, in February, there were quite a number of death news received. And many of them were young still with a bright future ahead of them, an established career, a family man or woman..as death does not discriminate who should go first. We often got conditioned to think that we would die when we become older but death can happen to anyone and at anytime.

I know this was such a grim intro to this blogpost but it also served as a reminder to all of us, especially people like me who had been slacking big time or having self esteem issues, by telling myself that my worth is lesser than other people around me.

So I have been 'sleeping' on life recently and then indulging in long hours of reading web comics in order to forget reality awhile, not because it was hard but rather, I was just putting things off. Things that would have mattered more than just idling my time away for entertainment.

Often I tell myself to move away from the fiction world filled with characters that one could only fantasise about. Get back down to reality and don't run away from problems. I suppose I can only self diagnose myself as having a mild depression. I had full swing depression in my youth as a result of many things that  I took for granted and then they just snowballed from there. My world was shattered but from other people's encouragement, I rose up again and changed for the better. I could not imagine if I continued to stay depressed and not do much about my current situation. I would just spiral down and life would continue to be so hard to continue living because of the unworthiness that I was feeling. 

It's ok to not be ok at times because we can't always have a smooth running life all the time because life has its own share of ups and downs. But we just need to know when enough is enough and we have to start to focus on ourselves, rebuild back our self worth, do our best each day and leave the rest to God to help us get through our difficult moments.

Anyway, if your mind has been bothered by these thoughts, let us start afresh this month. If we have made mistakes, don't continue to hold the anger or regret. Instead, we learn and grow from it. There are many things that I did in my life that I have total regret for. I don't remember much about my youth as in my childhood or even my teenhood. It was during my adult hood that I made many mistakes that I could not be proud of. I don't know if it was coz I lacked guidance in life as I tried to navigate adulthood. Or that I was a victim of circumstances. I would think that it was the latter because I know of a few people that had helped me through difficult times, or at least make things better a bit. But still, guidance was also what I sorely lacked and only tried to find spiritual guidance later in life.

All these life lessons are prepping us to receive something better in the future because now we know how difficult the journey  had been, with the sacrifices and the high level of commitment. Back then we might not know it because sometimes the pain, the frustration and sadness didn't let us see things too far ahead. It is understandable as the emotions were just too strong and we often feel lost and misguided.

We shed tears and through these tears, we emerge stronger. Now that I am older, I am trying to be strong each day and doing things that will nourish my soul, improve my health, both physically and mentally. It's not easy I admit because often we get too distracted in life. But I want to think about how things can get better if only I fill my time doing beneficial things, even if it's just reading to gain a new perspective, learning to seek new knowledge and doing things that we simply enjoy without thinking too much.

Let us not sleepwalk anymore in March. Though the pain or the situations that we are in, don't vanish overnight, when we make small changes in life, slowly but surely, things can start looking up for our own good.

Though we can't always guarantee a good day every single day, just like how the tide come and go, we don't stop dreaming big. Even if in the end, I may not get what I wanted, or if I ever did get, it was only a fraction of what I had dreamt of, it's ok for me. God sees that we had worked for it and He would not abandon us halfway and may even grant us something even better, though as humans, who easily give in to our emotions, we may fail to see and therefore lack appreciation for what we have in life.

Sometimes it takes a jolt of something major to happen or a big realisation, based on other people's experiences, that we had simply taken things for granted. Be kind to ourselves, to others and most importantly, never lose touch of our intentions as they can help us to carry on living with a meaningful purpose.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...