Skip to main content

My Delusional Self

I know this is a weird way of starting this post but sometimes, I feel like I am delusional. Honestly, January was already rough in terms of money but it wasn't all bad because I got some financial help too. And it was also a crazy month as our office had to move and there were numerous times we had to pack things and we were talking years and years of cluttered things. But in the end, we managed to do so and even after moving in to the new office, we had to do the reverse which was unpacking. Luckily, we all managed to work together fast enough to store all the things. Yet it was still pretty cray cray because I had to go up and down the two levels to hand carry many things as well. 

Now I didn't get delusional over this. I felt I was delusional because part of the move included moving our IT equipments such as the laptops, computers and printers. So the IT guy aka Mr Work Gym guy was part of the group that helped to dismantle and the assemble at our new workstations. I don't know what overcame me but I often caught myself wanting to get his attention and take sneak peeks at what he was doing.

Sidetracking a bit, it took them awhile to assemble mine so I did it myself :) But it was tiring and it took me almost 20 minutes to figure it out, lol.

Anyway, I don't know how true this gut feeling is but I think he's older than the rest of them from his looks and style. He was also the quietest yet most polite like you know this guy hardly speaks. I have not confirmed if he was married by looking at his ring finger such as the other one which I happened to glance at when he was at my workstation. He had never attended to me before to be able for me to confirm but despite that, I felt I was a little friendly to him with my Hello greetings, hehe...but he still greeted back though I could tell like he didn't expect it. So that Friday, when he was walking towards my table before turning the aisle, I told myself do NOT get delusional and do NOT catch his attention unnecessarily. So when I saw him walking towards my table before turning the corner, I didn't look at him.

But I felt bad later..lol.

I kinda chided myself and then when the next opportunity came and he walked that same aisle again towards me, I just looked up towards his direction when I was writing something and he smiled at me...argh..... so I smiled back and said Hello.

So now I feel less as a creep because he initiated first, hehe.

And not just that, I thought that was so sweet as like I said before, he never quite attended to me and even if he did, it was very quick diagnosis and not part of what he was supposed to be there doing. He must be now thinking this girl is so delusional  friendly.

Even with me now fanning over his attention, I don't want to get my hopes too high. It's nice to have the attention of guys for once because honestly, I don't have any guy friends. Ok maybe like one where the last time I talked to was at a friend's wedding last year. I am also not keen in pursuing a relationship but I am girl and I do have moments where I am crushing hard on guys but all this time,   it's always that guy from Sunday's gym so I need a breath of fresh air, lol!

But I don't want to appear so enthusiastic such as fawning over him unnecessarily and trying to catch his attention. I just want to act normal when he is around because I don't want to be my delusional self thinking that he's into me. I still want to be nice to him and the rest of the IT guys because we need them, obviously, haha..and they're nice and friendly people too despite their work. I know it's tough because I took a long time just to re install back my computer and there were many computers that they had to do that day. Not only that, they are coming back on Monday to connect our computers to the network printers and I hope IT guy makes an appearance too..eek! 


Please act normal, Rahayu...( ^ ^)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...