Skip to main content

Happy 35th Birthday to Me!!

I feel truly blessed because I have three birthday celebrations. The first one you can see from and earlier post and the second comes from last Friday with my former classmates. I'm so touched they still made an effort to get a cake from and order food for both my birthday and housewarming. 

This is something money can't buy. You can't buy the love and friendship from these people and I'm glad we have crossed paths in life. As I reflect on my birthday, I feel like at first I kept thinking about what I am lacking of which kept me awake, specifically, the lack of money. But then I thought again that I shouldn't harp on it too much. I should focus on the big wins that will help to improve the different aspects of my life. I must continue to work hard in life so that I need not go through this problem of whether I have enough for the rest of the week. I should also focus on what I currently have and not what I don't have and ensure that I make the best of what I have right now.

It's easier said than done but it's to take action and do something rather than just harping on it because it won't solve anything.

About the birthday, I still can't believe that even after we have finished schooling together, we still come together for birthday celebrations. This was the first time they ever celebrated for me because normally my birthday falls during the holiday period such as now, if we are still schooling. Look at the spread of food we had! Amazing...

The cake cutting part, yay! I seriously had no idea what to wish for. Come to think of it, I realise what I want in life is to hold on to the friendships that I have in life and the love from the family for as long as I am alive. This is what I should wish for. 

On a personal note, I also wish that things will keep improving in my life. I want to be more productive, more kind and friendlier, more hardworking and more grateful in life. You will never know when life is going to end. For as long as we are still here, we should live for the greater purpose in life.

Happy 35th birthday to me :)









follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...