Skip to main content

Bad Coughing Ordeal

My absence from the blogging world and just when I promised that I would blog more often, and then I had to be plagued by really bad coughing fits that left me tired, especially work and school. Apparently, it was so bad that at the start of the early weeks of Jan, I had fever which left me so cold and hallucinating when attempting to sleep. How could I not sleep. I kept going to the toilet because my body mechanism was somehow screwed up and probably, it was trying to help me cope with my fever. 

In the end, my mum found out that I was indeed having a fever even though I kinda think that I wasn't. Remember, I was hallucinating. So, she gave me panadol, which is like the best quickest cure ever. I fell asleep without waking up and then by morning at about 5 plus, I was well enough to get up and sit down before getting ready for work.

But it was the start of my coughing nightmares. There was so much pghlem in my throat and there were frequent moments when I would cough like nobody's business like this throat was constantly tickled by a feather lodged in between. And please don't imagine that, haha. I couldn't talk normally because I would break into coughing spasm so I had to be careful. Of course, as careful as I was, the coughing spasm would come, whether or not I like it. Also, for the first time ever, I finished a full bottle of cough medicine. And I hate cough medicine but somehow, for this round, I was dependent on it. 

Now I would say that though I'm not 100% better, my condition is far better than it is before. I did had one moment of coughing fit but didn't feel like I was dying going to have some chronic attack. 

I've always thought that coughing is the least painful sickness, as compared to fever and sore throat, but this time round, I've been proven wrong. 

So please, people. Do take care of your health. It does teach me a thing or two about health and how I should be leading a more healthier lifestyle. More on that later. Well, things happen and our body does go through some sickness, like the common cold, and it could also be a reflection of how we have been mistreating our body, whether through our diet or our general lifestyle. It could be the weather too or when you're surrounded by inconsiderate people who cough at your face, but bottomline is, our health is wealth.

Stay healthy people and consume more food that has vitamins beneficial to our body.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...