Skip to main content

ArtScience Museum - Dream About Things That Never Were

Hi,

This post is seriously overdue and I feel rather bad about it that I hadn't actually spend my time sitting down and blogging this out when I actually can. But from now onwards, I am determined to make it a point to do things right to give myself a peace of mind that everything will be in order; everything as in financially, in education, religion and etc if I bother to actually do something about it instead of worrying how each day is going to be.

It's not going to be an easy journey but I find that each step I take, no matter how small, is crucial to the life I have envisioned.

So this post is more than just a post. It is a post where I've taken those steps.

More than a month ago, on Deepavali, the ArtScience Museum held a free entry to their museum and my brother knowing that I thrive on free visits like these, we made plans to go there. But we actually rushed down (like we always do) and managed to get in.

It was interesting to see how art comes to live through digital media complete with sound effects by talented artists from China.  A country where there are millions of talented people, where the race for excellent results drive the students to almost the point of insanity drowning themselves in huge volumes of books because it was very competitive to get a place in their top universities.

Art still prevailed and it documented how competitive the students were in one of the photographs which included the artist herself. You can view the picture below and see what I mean about this so called race to the top.

We started our self guided tour to their permanent exhibition which highlighted inventions both in the past and present about what we could create where Art & Science combine. The creations may seem simple but the Science behind them explain that it's more than a creation. It's also life changing, earning them a place in history and also to other greater inventions on earth based on the concept of the genius in the earlier days.

So this is not your regular museum because it also challenges us on the possibilities of creating something that people think it's not possible, pretty much like the design of the museum itself. The exhibitions are seasonal but every one of them so far, have been interesting and very different. Do drop by if you can during the hols. To find out more, visit the ArtScience Museum website.

Oh, we were also supposed to go cheap for lunch and after our, or rather my reluctant trip to the Garden by the Bay (coz it involves walking...heh), we went to Doctor Cafe at City Link Mall because they were having an opening promo.

My review on it? They gotta work on their small and expensive cheesecakes that taste like you're eating whip cream. There was not a hint of cheese taste. The drinks were nice and while my brother thought that it would taste better with whip cream, I was saying, there you go, the cheesecake cum whipcream cake.

I guess they need to work on their recipes and hiring more people so that there would be less unhappy customers especially when their location is in a prime spot in the City area. It has potential and it offers a halal alternative to Coffee Bean for Muslim customers. 

Overall, I think we spent our time well on that day without spending much. Singapore may be an expensive city but if we can plan smart, we can go by on little money but still be able to enjoy a quiet evening and learn new things.

Enjoy the pictures below!













follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...