Skip to main content

Where My Heart Is

Okay let me give you a piece of advice. I know I give the world's most boring advices but here goes..if the door of the train is closing..please do not..I repeat..DO NOT...attempt to board it. Do you know how many times my heart skipped a beat as if I am watching an horror movie in real time whenever I witnessed people trying to rush in when the train doors were halfway closing and then their bodies looked like they were going to be squashed or split into two. So not a fan of blood and gore!!

Sigh....pls dont do that. Even if you dont die, other people may when their heart stopped or something.

Anyway, today I took leave to bring my dad back to the hospital for a medical counselling. But it was not meant to be when he found himself too weak to even walk outside let alone in the house. I mean..come on..he just got out of the hospital barely two days ago and he has to haul his ass back there after being stuck at his bedside at hospital for almost two weeks.

Meanwhile, my mum kept lamenting that he would never recover from his illness. I mean true...you cant do anything else if your kidneys are no longer strong that even medicine is not much of help. But come on, does she have to keep on saying it again and again? His knees felt weak and heavy but my mum forced him to go out and he eventually did coz my mum has the knack of starting a yelling party. It was not easy walking with him coz he needed to take a long rest after mere seconds of quick walking. So for something that would take about 2 minutes to walk or even less than that, took like half an hour. He had not even entered the main glass door and we were stuck outside for about ten minutes coz his knees felt painful. It was a really sad thing for me because I know that he's not that majorly strong in recent years but this was like too much for me to bear.

I keep telling myself that he's just too weak since he had just came back from hospitalisation but the way my mum kept emphasizing that he will be like that forever..blah blah blah...can weaken anyone's spirit. I used to recall that he was in this same state in the previous time which was also right after hospitalisation but after a week or so, he was able to travel even all the way to Little India taking public transport. Sure his energy has dipped even during that period of time so I dont expect miracles but seriously, I dont expect him to be in such a sad state like this for long too! Im going to give him a week before he starts to get better a bit but if he doesnt, I just..really..dunno what else to say at this point.

Please God..give him strength...and give me strength to pull through this hard time.


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...