Skip to main content

Past Love

I dunno what is wrong with me but my fascination with a certain UK soap drama had kinda died down a bit...at the crucial point. Just when the ex boyfriend came back after a long time from nowhere after disappearing to Dublin just like that right smack in the middle of wedding plans that were going awry. Aaah...bliss. How much drama can it get? Apparently, it's possible! When the couple quarreled after one of them felt that the wedding was too rushed, followed with cheating by sleeping with the runaway boyfriend and then the next thing you know, the other half got poisoned upon finding out a dark secret of another character. Fuyoh.....and I didnt catch that all!!

Okay first and foremost, I knew that this was bound to happen through leaked spoilers and second, it was rather painful to see someone leave the show like that. Hey, he's a hunk so you know where Im heading with this. I somehow also knew that the writers had along wanted the original couple to be together but I never liked that guy because he toyed with two people's feelings and was totally selfish about it. As much as I appreciated his return to shake things up a bit and put a closure on the relationship, I just could not get used to his character. I am so so sorrie...but this guy was a total jerk and...and....he got the happy ending?!!! While the other guy who had been compassionate with other people and helping them through hard times, died coz..I dunno..he found a 'secret' that was so 'evil' he had to die for it?

What is wrong with you people?!!!

Ah well, I guess being a jerk might not be such a bad thing after all. Pfft...

I know what you're thinking. It's just soap drama and hence, the exaggeration. But it got me thinking that what if this happen in real life and you are being treated like some sort of filler for someone's void. And that all the promises that he gave you and all the love declarations became mere words only when the presence of an ex girlfriend shook things up a bit. Believe it or not, it happened before to an old friend of mine when she thought she found happiness with a guy who treated her so well and then he dumped her because he reconciled with his ex girlfriend. He even admitted that all the while that they were together, he could not stop thinkin about his ex after she dumped him.

But on the other hand, upon watching a short film two weekends ago, I learnt that some things could not work out because two people can be on two different paths and their expectations could differ which might explain why they dont see things eye to eye. But later in life, somehow the time spent away from each other will make them reflect on their past relationship and realised they need each other more than ever. So their paths converge with each other again and old feelings stir up again and they're back together.

However, though it may seem like a fairytale ending, hearts are bound to be broken especially if one of them or even both of them have met other people. The question becomes, will you sacrifice your current love for an old love who is begging you emotionally to tie loose ends together and make things work this time round? Are you willing to come clean with him or her and say that you cant carry on with the current relationship or are you willingto play the cat and mouse game by cheating and hoping he or she catch a drift?

But like I said, whichever path you chose, hearts are bound to be broken even though I still think that cheating is not advisable. I guess the guilt is twice as hard to swallow and it is also just plain stupid and clearly lack in judgment and maturity.

Still, whats your take onn a past love returning back to either haunt you or bring back the level of happiness that you used to experience?

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...